Residential roofing installation
The roof of a residential building requires repair when it is damaged and maintenance to keep it functional. The corresponding work is essential to keep the building in good condition and ensure, in addition, the comfort of the tenants. A repair is necessary as soon as an anomaly arises.
In addition, a prompt intervention can limit the damage. In any case, it is essential to invest in a roof made of materials compatible with the harsh Canadian climate. And to carry out this mission, you can turn to a professional like Toiture Couvreur Saint-Sauveur.
Materials for residential re-roofing
The role of a roof is to cover a building, preventing any unnecessary infiltration, especially of water or snow. It contributes to the comfort of the tenants by maintaining an ambient temperature in the house. All this is only possible if the structure is designed with quality materials.
The following are possible alternatives:
- Steel: this coating has the advantage of requiring little maintenance. It is recyclable and has an excellent quality/price ratio.
- Elastomeric Membrane: This material is easy to install at any time of the year. It is appreciated for its waterproofness and its solidity. Be careful, its installation exposes to a fire if the roofer does it badly.
- Slate: This material retains its color regardless of the intensity of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It also preserves its appearance despite frost, acid rain or bad weather. Its installation requires meticulousness and skill, for a successful installation. Beware, the slate is heavy.
- Asphalt shingles: they stay in place despite strong winds blowing at speeds of up to 100 km/h. An asphalt shingle roof keeps the attic area cool.
- Plants: a plantation on the roof protects the roof from ultraviolet rays. A green roof is interesting for its thermal and acoustic performance. The downside is the need for regular maintenance.
Get a free quote
in less than 24 hours
Re-roofing your home: the right time to take action
Summer is a good time to start a residential roofing project. The temperature and the climate allow to operate in good conditions.
Wear and tear of materials
Wear and tear is one of the common factors responsible for the deterioration of a roof. It is prudent to renovate a structure once its life expectancy has passed.
Here is a short summary of the life span of a roof depending on the material (rough estimate):
- Slate: 100 years ;
- Zinc: 100 years;
- Steel pan: 100 years ;
- Shingles: 15 to 20 years;
- Tiles: 30 years to 100 years;
- Plant: 25 to 30 years;
- Elastomer: 20 to 25 years.
The result of an inspection
An inspection is a routine operation to identify anomalies. The roofer takes this opportunity to determine the right time to repair, renovate or replace the roof.
An inspection is a job at height requiring the tools and skills of a professional. This operation is best performed at the following frequencies:
- Once a year: for a structure that has served for more than 40 years;
- Every 2 years: for a structure of less than 20 years;
- Every 10 years: for a structure less than 10 years old.
The condition of the roof
The examination of a residential roof is not limited to the control of the structure. The roofer also looks after the condition of the under-roof, the frame, the ridge and the shingles. He checks for bulges, seepage, leaks, mold or cracks in these areas.
These manifestations may indicate a waterproofing problem, the result of a lack of performance of the roof. The professional recommends a retrofit if suspicions are founded.
Get a free quote now
Response within 24 hours
Entrusting roofing work to professionals: the guarantee of a job well done
There are two advantages to having roofing work done by professionals. You have the guarantee of a realization carried out according to the standards. In addition, the safety of goods and people is ensured.
Safety on the site
Safety is paramount during a roofing operation.
The workers ensure their own safety and that of the tenants. They operate in a way that prevents accidents.
Various items must be protected on the job site, including tenants, animals and property. Our certified roofers take this into account when preparing and executing their work.
Tips for a sustainable realization
A professional roofer provides advice before, during and after the work for a long lasting repair. He can suggest a repair, a maintenance or a complete renovation. It provides practical recommendations for extending the life of a roof. All of this makes it possible, in the end, to space out the repair work.
A cost estimate of the work
Contact us to get an idea of the cost of your retrofit project. The more detailed the request, the closer the quote is to the final price. You avoid unpleasant surprises when you define a budget as close as possible to reality for an assignment.
Each estimate is delivered with details on different elements of the intervention. Here are some of them:
- The equipment mobilized ;
- Duration of work;
- The right type of intervention;
- The size of the site to be covered;
- Other expenses to consider.
Get a free quote
in less than 24 hours
Quality work done right the first time
Available everywhere in Saint-Sauveur and on the North Shore of Montreal